Blooming Onion and Teriyaki Rotisserie Chicken

 January 6, 2021

Firstly, YAY! 2020 is GONE

Second, as I type this, Trump's asshole goons attempted a coup in DC.

Not starting out great.

But, that being said, I am making a Blooming Onion for dinner tonight.  :)
Along with a rotisserie chicken with teriyaki marinade.

I followed the recipe in the starter cook book which came with the air crisper lid.  

Flour, with seasoning. It said Cajun, I used Creole.  (sue me, I like it more)

couple eggs mixed up with buttermilk.

panko, with a dash of salt (it didn't say to season, but that's not quite against my religion, but it's close)

First, I shoved a skewer into the bottom part of the onion, to prevent over cutting.  Cut it to the skewer, probably a good 6-8 times.  first quarters, then each quarter bit a few times.  I honestly didn't count.

Then took out the skewer and plopped the onion into the flour.  Opened up the 'petals' a bit, so the flour could get in.  
Then I put it into the egg.  I might have wound up with club hand. :)
Then into the panko.

Put that into the greased tray.(light spray) 
Covered with aluminum, then "roast" for 10min at 400.  
Popped off the aluminum and did it again (10 at 400)

It smells divine.  

I marinated the chicken in teriyaki sauce for an hour, prior to putting it into the other fun device we recently acquired.  Counter top oven, with like 6 functions, including rotisserie.  This is the third time I've twirled meat.  hmm.  I don't think that term will catch on.  LOL

Looks good so far.  

I still need to get better at tying up my chickens.  I know there's a term for that, but, *shrugs, whatever.

Gotta go make a dipping sauce for the onion.  :D
might include wasabi.  glee

Update:

Onion wasn't cut far enough down.  It's kinda under-done.  It's ok, but definitely room to improve.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant Pot Chicken (SUPER EASY)

Beer Bread