Cake (times 2)

 I decided to see how the instant pot did at cake.  
Not too bad.  It's a bit dense.  I made a comparison cake out of the remainder of the batter, since the pot can only handle a small pan.  

They both taste alright.  Not gonna rave and say it's the best thing ever. 

Instant Pot Cake

Oven Baked Cake

You can see the difference between the two.  The IP cake is definitely much denser.  I think it's because it did absorb water, which the baked cake did not have a chance to do.  Its moist, but not significantly more than the baked one.  Honestly, with as much set up as it takes, I don't think cake making is something I'm gonna be doing much of in the IP.  Just not worth it.  But I did order a cake pan, just incase.  'Cuz of course I did.  :D

I'll keep ya'll posted on my adventures, as they happen.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant Pot Chicken (SUPER EASY)

Beer Bread