Chaffles

 So, I made chaffles today.

They're a take on waffles, obviously.

Cheese and egg.

Lots of variations possible.  The things I'm reading are somewhat misleading, in that they say that they taste just like a normal waffle.  Well, they don't.  They taste like what they are, egg and cheese.  But I LIKE that combination.  So, not a miss, but mislead just the same.

I made the 'basic' with mozzarella and egg ( 1/2 cup cheese to 1 large egg ratio) first.  Whisk the egg(s) in a bowl and add the cheese and mix.  Cook in a waffle iron.  I used a double batch and made 4 chaffles.  I then made a single batch with pepper jack cheese and some chopped ham.  

I'm using a mini waffle iron.  About a quarter cup of mix will fit in.  These don't spread like a waffle batter will, so you need to scootch it to the edges to get it all spread.  

All in all, I like them.  Again, they do NOT taste like a normal waffle.  You can put syrup on them, but I think they lend themselves more to a savory application, like maybe a sausage and cheese sandwich. I think they are worth making.

This is the pepper jack/ham chaffle.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant Pot Chicken (SUPER EASY)

Beer Bread