White lasagna

 So, the recipe I found was lackluster.  

I modified it, because I can.  Not gonna link it here.  

I found conflicting info on whether I had to cook the noodles.  So I compromised, and poured salted boiling water over them in a pan and let them soak for a bit. Final result seems edible.

I basically lightly sautéed veggies (broccoli and carrots) in a pan with butter and salt and oregano then added chopped spinach and wilted that.  Cooked some sausage.  Made a basic white sauce, and added all the veggies and sausage to that, in addition to some parmesan cheese.  

Ricotta cheese and egg was the other filler.  (no seasonings!  what the hell original recipe writer?  I didn't think about the fact that it was unseasoned until after the fact.  sigh)

Did the standard, I think, stacking of the dish.  Little sauce, noodles, sauce, filler, noodles, etc.  then topped with a generous bit of mozzarella. 

Baked for a bit, then out, cooled, and then cut and ate.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant Pot Chicken (SUPER EASY)

Beer Bread