Sauerkraut!

 Last night I started a new to me adventure.  

I'm making 'fermented' foods.  :) 
Started with sauerkraut.  



That's the product, maturing in a dark place.  
Started with cabbage and salt.

Slice it finely.  And tossed salt in after every quarter of the cabbage.  Then squished it with a mallet to 'make it juicy'.  

I got a fermentation kit at Bomgaars the other day.  It had the squisher "pickle press", glass weights "pickle pebbles", and silicone vents to release carbon dioxide "pickle pipes".

 This is the lid to the box I got.  It has a couple super simple recipes in the book that comes along.  
I'm kinda impatient, so I already want to see how it's doing, BUT... time is important.  It takes time to ferment.  
I'll do "Sauerkraut - the unboxing" when it's ready.  :D


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant Pot Chicken (SUPER EASY)

Beer Bread